Frankfurt am Main, 1 October 2021The management team of the central registry and technical operator of the German country code Top Level Domain (...)
How to Upload Site Files to cPanel Hosting with FileZilla
Using FileZilla to upload files
STEP ONE:Install FileZilla. (If you’ve already done this, you can ignore this section and skip to step two.) Here’s how you install FileZilla on different OS: Installing FileZilla on Windows
- Log into your Windows software with an administrator account.
- Download the .exe extension of FileZilla. The Licence Agreementscreen will appear.
- Click the I Agree button.
- On the next screen, decide whether every user of the OS can work with the FTP client or it is allowed only for the admin account.
- Click the Next button.
- Choose the components you want to install.
- Click the Next button.
- Choose the desired folder and press the Next button.
- Choose the Start Menufolderand click on the Install button.
- Click the Finishbutton. This will start your FileZilla FTP client.
FileZilla installation on Linux
- Open a terminal window, log in as the root user and execute the following command:
apt-get install FileZilla
You will be asked whether you want to continue with the installation.
- Type "Y" and click the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Open a terminal window, log in as the root user, and execute the following command:
yum -y install FileZilla
<Installing FileZilla on Mac OS
- Download FileZilla.
- Click the file designated for your computer’s processor.
- Agree to FileZilla’s general public licence.
- Choose options and a location for your FileZilla files.
- Click the Install button.
- When installation is complete, click the Close button.
STEP TWO:Open FileZilla on your computer. To link FileZilla to your hosting account, you’ll need to enter these four settings:
- Host: Enter the IP address for your website. (If you don’t know what it is, log into your hosting account and open your cPanel dashboard. Your website’s IP address is on the left side of the screen under the section Stats & Usage.)
- Username: Enter the username for your hosting (This is the username you used to set up your cPanel hosting account. It might not be the same as the username you use to access your Luxhosting account. If you don’t remember it, you can click the I Forgot link to reset it.)
- Password: This is the password for your hosting (This is the password you used to set up your cPanel hosting account. It might not be the same as the password you use to access your Luxhosting account. If you don’t remember it, you can click the I Forgot link to reset it.)
- Port: Type “21”.
- In the remote area, open your site’s root directory (the public_html folder).
- On the left side, open the folder that contains your website’s files.
- Select all the files in your website’s folder and drag them across to the remote site area.
- Open your web browser and go to your domain to see what your visitors will see when they visit the webpage.