How Do I Transfer A Domain Name?
A. Key Domain Transfer Notes.
B. Steps to take before requesting a domain transfer
C. Steps to take after requesting your domain transfer
D. Request domain transfer via Client Area (Existing Customers)
E. Request domain transfer via Domain Registration Page (New and Existing Customers)
F. Request domain transfer via Web Hosting Plan Purchase (New and Existing Customers)
A) Please take note of the following!
– Domain names registered over 60 days ago can be transferred while a domain name registered less than 60 days ago is not transferable.
– Once a domain name transfer request has been authorised the domain can take 1 – 3 days to fully propagate nameservers before the domain transfer is completed. Other nameservers need to update to redirect traffic from the domain name to the new web server
– You will require access to the email address inbox used upon domain registration.
– A domain name can be transferred without the need to purchase any web hosting plans. Domain names can be transferred at the same time that you purchase a new web hosting plan.
– Watch our domain name transfer Video Tutorial and follow along. For additional help you can Contact Support for free at any time.
B) Steps to take before you request a domain name transfer
– You must unlock your domain name. Before requesting a domain transfer, make sure to contact your previous hosting provider or domain registrar. Request a domain name unlock for a domain transfer.
– The domain authorisation code must be provided upon requesting a domain name transfer! The authorisation code also known as the EPP Code verifies the domain owner and prevents unauthorised domain name transfers. Contact your previous hosting provider or domain registrar for the domain EPP Code.
C) Steps to take after you request a domain name transfer
– Authorise the domain name transfer request! After the domain transfer request is made. You should receive an authorisation email from your previous hosting provider or domain registrar. Check your spam inbox. If you do not receive the email get in contact with the provider or domain registrar.
D) How Do I Request A Domain Name Transfer from My Client Area?
1. Log-in to your Client Area. Navigate to register a new domain. Enter the domain name you wish to transfer. Select the Transfer option.
2. Enter the domain authorisation code you obtained and select Add To Cart.
3. Update Nameservers if required then Continue to the checkout page. Check the domain name details are correct before you checkout your transfer request.
4. Make sure to authorise the domain name transfer request!
E) Request Domain Name Transfer from The Domain Registration Page (New Users)
New customers do not require web hosting plans to create hosting accounts with us and a domain name can be transferred via the Domain Registration Page to create a new hosting account.
1. Navigate to the Domain Registration Page.
2. Enter the domain name you wish to transfer then select Check Availability! The domain name selected if available can be registered as any one of our top-level domains.
3. Select one of the Transfer options available if you own the domain name. Click the checkout button.
4. The Domain Authorisation Code you obtained should be entered now. Update Nameservers if required. DNS Management is available from the best hosting provider for 1 year Free Of Charge.
5. Before checkout . Double check the domain name transfer request details are correct.
6. After checkout . Make sure to authorise the domain name transfer request.
F) Purchase A Web Hosting Plan and Transfer Your Domain Name.
Our web hosting customers can purchase web hosting plans and register or transfer domain names in the same purchase to save time.
1. First select the best web hosting service for your requirement. Click Order Now to purchase the selected web hosting plan.
2. A domain can either be; Registered, Transferred or Nameservers updated. Select the Transfer option.
3. Enter the domain name you wish to transfer then Continue.
4. Double check the web hosting plan selected is the one required then selected continue.
5. The Domain Authorisation Code you obtained should be entered now. Update Nameservers if required. DNS Management is available from the best hosting provider for 1 year Free Of Charge.
6. Double check the hosting service selected is the one required. Are the domain name transfer request details correct? Now Checkout!
7. Make sure to authorise the domain name transfer request! Email confirmation is sent to the web hosting accounts email address to confirm the web hosting plan purchase.