Plesk and Other cPanel Alternatives in 2020
cPanel has dominated the world of web hosting control panels for over twenty years, and for good reason. In short, with cPanel you can manage your website from a single dashboard, using a graphical interface. And the best thing about cPanel is that it was designed with beginners in mind. This is especially good for people who have VPS hosting. While VPS hosting means you’ll have a faster website than when you choose shared hosting, it also means you’ll have to choose your own Operating System. In fact, the problem is that not all Operating Systems are compatible with cPanel. That, along with cPanel’s price increases, has sent users scrambling for great cPanel alternatives.
Before, good cPanel alternatives were hard to find, but it seems the market has finally caught up. Nowadays, you can’t throw a stone without hitting at least three cPanel alternatives. In this guide, we walk you through seven of the best cPanel alternatives you can get in 2020, and, just to make things even easier, we highlight the best features of each!
Let’s get into it, shall we?
Plesk and 6 Best cPanel alternatives in 2020
1 Plesk Control Panel
Plesk is one of the most popular cPanel alternative in 2020. Plesk is an all-in-one web hosting control panel that lets you set up new websites, new reseller accounts, email accounts, and automate your website management through a web-based interface.
Here are some of Plesk’s best features:
- It’s expandable (more than 100 extensions!)
- A centralised control panel that lets you manage more than one site from the same dashboard.
- A secure and versatile toolkit for WordPress.
- Full root access when you use SSH on a VPS.
- It’s compatible across all platforms, networks, and operating systems.
2. CyberPanelCyberPanel is a control panel that’s based on OpenLitespeed. It comes with automatic one-click SSL and built-in DNS and email server. Here are CyberPanel’s top features:
- SpamAssassin, which helps stop pesky email spam.
- A one-click app installer for CMSs like WordPress, Joomla, and more.
- An LSCache module with cache plugins for CMSs.
- You can attach GIT repos to your websites and deploy code directly from your repos using GIT webhooks.
- For more spam-fighting help, you can apply email limits at domain and email level with options to enable or disable email logs.
- Comes with a Command Line Interface (CLI) for people who like working in terminal.
ISPConfig is an open-source Linux-based control panel that lets you manage your server directly through your web browser. Here are some of ISPConfig’s best features:
- Supports multiple Linux-based Oss, including Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Four access levels: admin, reseller, client and email login.
- Translated in more than twenty languages.
- Works on physical servers or VPS machines.
- Supports HTTP, SMTP, POP3/IMAP or FTP.
- Lets you manage websites, email accounts, and DNS.
InterWorx is a comprehensive Linux server system that supports a range of developer-friendly API and plugins. Here are some features you can get excited about when you choose InterWorx:
- Statistics suites that complement the other tools you use to monitor web traffic.
- SSL protocol encryption.
- Community forums.
- You can access network hosting from the command line.
- Multiple admin accounts.
VestaCP is another great open-source cPanel alternative that you can use to manage multiple websites, including creating and managing email accounts. Here are some of VestaCP’s best features:
- Built-in firewall.
- Built-in analytics system to monitor your web traffic.
- Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Adapted to twenty-six languages.
- Powerful backup system right out of the box.
OviPanel is another cPanel alternative that’s compatible with Linux, Windows, Mac, and more. Here are some of OviPanel’s best features:
- A mod-security feature that helps to protect your website from attacks.
- One-click SSL (Let’s Encrypt) installation.
- Multi-database support.
- Manual email limits.
- Multi webserver support, so you can switch to whichever webserver suits your needs.
- You can create an unlimited account.
Cloudron is a control panel that lets you manage, install, and secure web applications on your server. Here are some of the best features of Cloudron:
- An extensive app library (more than 50 apps!)
- Centralised access to apps using the dashboard.
- Easy app deployment through the Cloudron app store.
- You can store encrypted backups to external storage like Google Cloud Storage and Amazon.
cPanel is a powerful web hosting solution, but due to its pricing change and its incompatibility with several OS that aren't Linux-based, website owners have started looking for cPanel alternatives. And these cPanel alternatives aren’t competitive only on the basis of price. Some of these cPanel alternatives have features that even cPanel doesn’t have. This variety of high-quality software makes 2020 a great time to find great cPanel alternatives.